Saturday, January 26, 2008

The ride that took my breath away (music!!)

It was not a journey on the Titanic (Kate Winslet inclusive) or a Rolls Royce but rather a journey on the rear of a scooter, brand unknown and make erased by the beatings of time that took my breath away (almost!).

Its proud owner visited me recently and reminded me of my duties to pay homage to the deceased soul.Suffering from an ailment (not AIDS),I dared to seek the vehicle from its esteemed owner to headback to my hostel after a lab practical.Not that it was my maiden voyage on this thing of beauty,but the fascinating part was it being driven by a friend of mine who was undertaking this maiden driving job for my sake.

We started the journey toppling a few bicycles parked in the department.It was a good omen.The distance was hardly a kilometer (Heard of small being dreadful?) but each metre seemed like a light year to me as my friend tried to hard to control the damned vehicle and I did my balancing act on the rear ignoring Newton's third law of motion (ever heard of the 4th law?kabhi fursat mein milna bataunga,abhi tak Einstein bhi galat prove nahi kar paya hai).Each passing centimetre was an achievement,wished they put more milli-milestones in between.The straight patches of road brought temporary relief to us, but I cursed the man who thought of creating curves on roads,(though I don't mind their presnece on other objects).It was afternoon so there were few heavy vehicles on the road and we saved many people from landing behind bars accused of crushig us.

Finally, we reahced our destination and toppled a few more bicycles parked in the hostel as a mark of victory, not failing to congratulate each other on this marvellous feat.I bet even Valentino Rossi or for that matter schumacher would not feel as elated as we were on completing this lap and taking pole position.(kuchh jyada ho gaya)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home